Senin, 04 Januari 2010

Gerund

Exercise 1
Gerund after prepositions
1.My friend is good at playing volleyball.
2. She complains about bullying.
3. They are afraid of losing the match.
4. She doesn't feel like working on the computer.
5. We are looking forward to going out at the weekend.
6. Laura dreams of living on a small island.
7. Andrew apologized for being late.
8. Do you agree with staying in a foreign country?
9. The girls insisted on going out with Kerry.
10.Edward thinks of climbing trees this afternoon. 


Exercise 2

Gerund or to-infinitive
1. I can't imagine Peter going by bike.
2. He agreed to buy a new car.
3. The question is easy to answer.
4. The man asked me how to get to the airport.
5. I look forward to seeing you at the weekend.
6. Are you thinking of visiting London?
7. We decided to run through the forest.
8. The teacher expected Sarah to study hard.
9. She doesn't mind working the night shift.
10. I learned to ride the bike at the age of 5.

Exercise 3
Gerund or infinitive

1. We decided to buy a new car.
2. They've got some work to do.
3. Peter gave up smoking.
4. He'd like to fly an aeroplane.
5. I enjoy writing picture postcards.
6. Do you know what to do if there's a fire in the shop?
7. Avoid making silly mistakes.
8. My parents wanted me to be home at 11 o'clock.
9. I dream about building a big house.
10. I'm hoping to see Lisa.














0 Comments:

Post a Comment